Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Saem Big Brother Aloe 95% Soothing Gel Review

Hi, belles!

So, I just went through super hectic and hell weeks. Well, this month is hell in general. But seriously, it was even hard to sigh. There were days when I was rushed by 4 freakin' deadlines. Yes, four deadlines in a day. Bless my papers.

Okay, let's move on! So, this time I'm going to talk about an infamous aloe soothing gel. But no, this one isn't from Nature Republic. I actually intended to buy Nature Republic one, but then I found this and it was a bit cheaper, and I was like, "Come on there are many reviews of Nature Republic's already, why don't you try other brand?" (Oh and also because its aloe content is 3% higher than NR's.) So that's why I finally bought The Saem's. But let me tell you something. Aloe soothing gels are all basically the same.


It's free of paraben, pigments (artificial colors), benzophenone, polyethylene glycol (PEG), propylene glycol (PG), formaldehyde, and animal testing.


It is certified organic. And almost all Korean brands' aloe soothing gels are certified organic already, just fyi.

There's a separator lid inside

I don't know why, but it just looks so yummy... Anyway, so, how can we use this? We can basically do everything with it. Well, I opened the saem's official website and found something. And here is 8 ways to use The Saem Aloe Soothing Gel.



Okay, let me translate them for you.

  • Moisturizer
  • S.O.S pack - calming troubled (acne) skin
  • Cooling pack - shrinking pores (you can put it in the refrigerator for few minutes)
  • Moisturizing pack
  • Aftershave
  • After sun care (note: 바캉스 시 literally means 'on vacation', but well, the following description says that it can be used for calming your skin after being exposed to the sun - as this is what some people usually do when they are on summer vacation - so I changed the literal translation to make more sense.)
  • Body care
  • Hair care
To be honest, I haven't tried all of those listed above, but the thing is that it is really soothing and cooling. It'd be best for treating sunburn.


It is not sticky as it is really lightweight. It smells good and refreshing. Many said it smells like fresh cucumber or jasmine. Well, I think I agree with them. The scent is not too overwhelming. It's fresh and I like it.

My only concern is ethanol as one of the main ingredients. I usually check products' ingredients on cosdna.com. And I found out that ethanol's level of irritation is 3 (out of 5). Well, I don't think people with sensitive skin will like this. And also, if you already owned another similar aloe soothing gel product, you wouldn't need to buy another one as it would just be a waste of money. Like I said before, all aloe soothing gels were basically the same.

So, that's it! Have you tried any aloe gel product?

Size        : 300ml
Price      : I bought this for Rp 78000 (around  8 USD; original price 3300 KRW)
I’d give this 4.5 out of 5.






7 comments:

  1. btw, may i know where u buy it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thanks for dropping by. :)
      I bought it on qoo10 from a seller, KSCO. You can check qoo10.com, they ship globally. :)

      Delete
  2. can this gel reduce acne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for dropping by :)
      To be honest, I never use this as an acne treatment, so I don't really know whether it reduces acne or not. Most of the times, I only apply it on my arms and legs. :)

      Delete
  3. Do you know if all The Saem products are cruelty free? Thanks for the answer ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I tried to do a little research and as references, according to Korea Animal Rights Advocates (ekara.org), the saem isn't listed as a cruelty-free brand yet.
      Anyway, thanks for the visit! :)

      Delete
  4. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing. Tampa metaphysical store

    ReplyDelete

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014