Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliner in #1 Black Review

Hi, belles!

What’s next on my blog? Well, it’s eyeliner time! When I decided to learn more about makeup, applying eyeliner was the very first thing that I learned. My first eyeliner was a liquid one and fortunately, I succeed in applying that one, so applying pencil and or gel eyeliner became easier for me. Well, without further ado, here is my review.






This time I am going to talk about a well-known eyeliner from a Korean brand. Well, it’s Tony Moly’s Backstage Gel Eyeliner! The reason why I decided to buy this one is that I’ve read so many good reviews about this product. Many beauty bloggers and or vloggers recommended this gel eyeliner, and another great thing is that it’s cheap (I got this for less than 10 USD), but the quality is comparable to those high-end ones. Come on, cheap-but-great products are my best of best!




Sorry, it looks a bit messy. I have been using it for 1-2 months.
The packaging is a bit weird, but that’s fine since there’s a brush inside.
The brush is okay, but I’m not really fond of it. And you have to make sure the brush is clean before putting it back unless you want remaining eyeliner to dry out and stiffen the brush.
The result is semi matte I think (you can see some swatches below). It isn't too glossy and I actually dislike a too-glossy eyeliner. This gel eyeliner is just perfect for me.


So, here is the test:
  1. Drew some lines on my inner wrist.
  2. Poured water and the lines stayed still without smudging or causing flakes.
  3. Started to rub them.
  4. Drew new lines and one-swiped them with makeup remover.
I should say that this gel eyeliner is really long-lasting. Last time, I wore it for 6 hours and nothing really happened. Well, the line started to fade afterward on my oily lid. However, I am really satisfied with this product. It does not smudge or cause any flake unless you rub your lid hard, and it is waterproof for sure.
Everything about this gel eyeliner is good, but well, the brush is not to my liking though, but that's not really a problem.

Size        : 4g
Price      : I bought this for Rp 85000 (around 8-9 USD; original price 8500 KRW)
I’d give this 4.9 out of 5.

p.s. sorry if my too-visible blue veins on inner wrist disturb you LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014